TEXTILE DESIGN PART 1 (SYMBOLS)
Create a new file 720px x 500px.
You will create multiple designs using the first letter of your name. Choose a different typeface for each. Create at least 5 different designs. Mr. Machtay will show the class:
- How to easily duplicate a layer and transform the new layer.
- How to quickly transform subsequent layers so each one has the same changes.
- How to group layers into folders, so you clearly differentiate one design from the next.
TEXTILE DESIGN PART 2 (PATTERNS)
You will make 3 different Textile Designs using 3 different symbols you’ve created. Each Textile Design will be on a different file, size is 720px Ht x 500px W.
Each Textile Design must:
- Repeat the Symbol in a consistent way — same spacing, same spaces
- Have the Symbols cover the page from edge to edge
- Fill in different areas with colors; minimum 3 colors in a consistent pattern
Mr. Machtay will show shortcuts to make it easier for you to create your Textile Patterns.