New Project in Premiere Pro
- Log in to computer as guest user
- In Workspace create a new folder with name of project (no spaces, no special characters)
- Inside your new folder create 4 new subfolders: video, audio, stills, project
- Open Premiere Pro and set the preferences for Cache files to the new folders you created in Workspace (extremely important, otherwise you’ll lose your work).
- Move your video clips into the video subfolder.
- You will learn 3-point editing: IN point, OUT point, and INPUT point.
- For each clip you wish you use, mark an IN point and an OUT point.
- Place the cursor on the Timeline where you want new clip, and drag the clip to that spot.
- Once you have 3 or more clips inserted in the timeline, watch them in realtime and see whether the edits flow together.
- You will use “handles” at end of clips to add or delete frames.
- You will use the Razor Tool to cut clips.
- You will use Video Transitions (dissolve between two clips).
NOTE: PREMIERE PRO IS USES A LOT OF RAM!
- Do NOT open other apps on your Premiere Pro Computer. Use the computer next to it. (You were each given a 16GB thumb drive to use for this purpose)
- Do NOT go on the internet on your Premiere Pro Computer. Again, use the computer next to it.