Proposal for Statement Videos
Each student will write a one-page proposal for their Statement Video Project. Below are outlines for documentary/informational video and for narrative video.
PROPOSAL FOR DOCUMENTARY/INFORMATIONAL VIDEO (non-fiction):
- TOPIC: What is the subject of the video?
- QUESTION/CONFLICT: What question will you be exploring? Or what conflict will you be explaining?
- WHO TO INTERVIEW: What people (or groups) will be interviewed to help tell your story?
- WHAT QUESTIONS: List the questions you will ask these interviewees. Make sure they are active questions.
- WHAT SCENES: What locations or events or activities will you be videotaping?
- OUTLINE: Describe each sequence in order from beginning to end
- ALTERNATIVE: If your idea does not follow this format, speak to Mr. Machtay. You still need to do an Outline of what will be in your movie.
PROPOSAL FOR FICTION VIDEO:
- SUBJECT: What is it about?
- CHARACTERS: List and describe the characters
- CONFLICT: What is the dramatic tension? who/what vs what/who?
- RESOLUTION: How does the dramatic tension resolve? The conclusion/climax?
- OUTLINE: List the sequences/scenes (tell the story)