Did you know that “high school seniors who worked 20 hours a week can expect to earn 21% more in annual salary and 11% higher hourly wages six to nine years later.” USA Today
Read the article here.
One season of sports can equal one semester of PE credit. Please have your coach fill out this form and return it to me.
An after school program in the Mission is looking for Student Interns to work, M-Th; 4-6 pm tutoring mostly elementary and middle school students in English, Math and other subject areas.
Must be fluent in Cantonese/Mandarin.
If interested, please see Ms. Lau ASAP in Room 206.
5800 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA
What is MYEEP?
MYEEP is a program that helps youth get a job, keep that job, save money, stay in school, learn life skills, make lifelong friends, meet supportive mentors, survive their teenage years, think about their future and be successful when they graduate.
Applications are downloadable on this website or see Ms. Marshman in the Counseling Office.
Revolution Prep is offering SAT prep courses at in the San Francisco area this summer to prepare you for fall SAT test dates. Revolution Prep’s group courses are half the price of other major companies, and scholarships are available!!
Revolution Prep’s group courses consist of:
- 6 three-hour classes tailored to the SAT
- 5 full-length practice exams in a proctored environment
- 2 six-hour live online Booster Classes
- Parent and student online access to test scores
- Personalized homework and feedback on essays
Revolution Prep has received very positive feedback on their high quality of instruction, cutting edge technology, average 250 point score improvement and customized homework. There are group courses that will be at Archbishop Riordan High School and Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep and the first course starts June 9th. Call for more details!! Revolution Prep can be reached at 1-877-REV-PREP. If you are serious about improving your SAT score, don’t let this opportunity pass you by!!
Part-time Receptionist/Dental Assistant in Downtown Dental Office
Location: Downtown, Union Square
Starting pay: $10-11, raises based on performance
Work Schedule: 12-20 hours per week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays; Will try to work with school schedule
Duties Include: answering the phone, speaking to patients, making appointments, filing, data entry, communicating with insurance companies, assisting dentist with patient treatment (5% of the time), cleaning and sterilizing instruments
Qualifications: high school senior who will be attending college locally, must be bilingual in English/Chinese, high moral standards, conscientious, self-starter, works well without supervision, good communication and people skills, positive “can do” attitude, well groomed; NO experience necessary
Contact Dr. Wong at (415) 433-5280 for an interview ASAP!
Date of Job Posting: May 19, 2011
When: April 12th at 1PM
Where: Room 256
Come learn more about the UC Berkeley Incentive Awards Program! IAP offers financial support in scholarship funds over eight-semester to one student from Galileo. Once the student starts at UC Berkeley they have access to college support services provided by IAP academic advisors, counselors and staff.
• Exhibits leadership at school, home or in the community
• Has a 3.4 unweighted University of California GPA
• Is a U.S citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen
• Would benefit from attending UC Berkeley
• Would need financial support for college
On April 12th, City College of San Francisco will be here at Galileo to:
- Help you complete the City College application
- Administer the placement exam
- Help you pick your first semester classes
1. Application Workshop
- April 12th from 1-3PM in Room 260 Computer Lab
- Attend this workshop if you:
- want to go to City College after high school but have NOT completed the application yet.
- already took the placement exam but did NOT complete a City College application.
- Bring with you your personal information, such as Social Security number or Green Card
- To sign up for the Application Workshop, see Ms. Ng in the counseling office by Monday, April 11th — Space is limited!!
2. Placement Exam (native English test only)
- April 12th from 1-4:45PM in the Library
- All students who plan to go to City College after high school MUST take the placement exam.
- This is the last time you will be able to take the Placement Exam at Galileo. If you are unable to make this exam date, you will still be able to take it at City College. As of today, April 7th, ALL April exam dates are full at City College. Therefore, if you do not take the Placement Exam at Galileo on April 12th, the next time you will be able to take the exam is in May at City College.
- Students who need to take the ESL Placement Exam must take the exam at City College. Come see Ms. Ng in the counseling office if you have questions about this. The schedule can be found here: http://www.ccsf.edu/NEW/en/future-students/future-credit-students/take_a_placementtest.html.
- To sign up to take the Placement Exam, see Ms. Ng in the counseling office by Monday, April 11th — Space is limited!!
3. Counseling Appointment
- April 12th from 2-4PM in Room 359 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- The next opportunity to meet with a City College counselor at Galileo will be Friday, April 15th. I will let you know the location later next week.
- Meet one-on-one with a City College counselor who will help you pick your classes for the Fall 2011 semester. All students who meet with a counselor on either April 12 or 15 will be able to register for classes at FRISCO Day on April 29th at City College.
- This is ONLY open to students that have already taken the placement exam.
- To sign up for a Counseling Appointment for either April 12 or 15, see Ms. Ng in the counseling office by Monday, April 11th — Space is limited!!
Please email or see me in the counseling office if you have any further questions.
San Francisco YouthWorks (YW) is a unique high school internship program that provides youth with paid work experience to develop their readiness for work and promote interest in public service careers. The application for San Francisco YouthWorks’ Summer 2011 Session is NOW AVAILABLE. It is due by Friday, April 29 at 5pm.
In order to be eligible to participate in SF YouthWorks you must:
- Be a resident of San Francisco
- Attend high school in San Francisco
- Be in or entering the 11th, or 12th grade
- Have time in your schedule to work a minimum of 7 hours per week (during the school year session) and 10 hours per week (during the summer session). Most internships take place between 9am and 5pm on weekdays.
***There are 3 ways to complete and submit your application to us:
1) DOWNLOAD: Download your application here or here, complete all questions and essays, and turn in to us at our office. You can mail it or bring it in person but it MUST be in our office by our deadline in order to be considered.
2) ONLINE: Complete an online application here. THEN complete a Required Documents Packet (RDP) that can be downloaded here or picked up at our office. Application and RDP must be received by our deadline.
3) IN PERSON: Pick up a copy of the application from our office, complete it, and return in person or by mail before our final deadline.
Our office is located at 2012 Pine Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco. Office hours: Monday through Friday: 9am-5pm
***FINAL DEADLINE is FRIDAY, APRIL 29 at 5pm***
ALL applications and other materials MUST be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered for the Summer 2011 session.
Please contact us at 415-202-7911 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the application process.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a SF YouthWorks intern!