Posted: March 22, 2006
The following are links to websites with information concerning the
available topics for the research paper. In addition to these
provided, feel free to read other articles that you find in your
- Cloning/ Genetic Engineering
- Human Cloning: Religious and Ethical Aspects: From the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance, this site provides various aspects and historic information regarding human andembyro cloning.
- The First Human Cloned Embryo:Scientic American online presents its feature article on the subject.
- National Bioethics Advisory Committee: Site of the agency
created by a Presidential Executive Order. Includes publications
regarding the science of cloning, religious perspectives,ethical
considerations, legal and policy considerations, and commission
- Human Cloning Foundation: This site is in support of human cloning.
- American Bioethics Advisory Commission: Established by the
American Life League, this site offers position papers and statements
regarding cloning and genetics and discusses the President’s bioethics
- Council for Responsible Genetics: The charge of this
organization is to provide the public, researchers, legislators, etc.
comprehensive information regarding the social implications of
biotechnology. Read position papers regarding various aspects of this
issue, check out their analysis of related legislation and issues such
as the “gay gene” and genetic privacy.
- Human Genome Project: Office of Biological and Environmental Research provides this site.
- Scientists Grow Monkeys from Cloned Embryos: CNN Interactive
presents their March 1997 article and provides links to related stories
and related sites.
- Legalization of mind-altering drugs
- Drugs: This site provides a reasoned argument against the legalization of drugs. http://www.gargaro.com/drugs.html
- College Library: This site provides pro and con arguments for the legalization of drugs. http://college.library.wisc.edu/resources/subject_guides/druglegalize.htm
- Schaffer Library of Drug Policy: This site provides a timeline of drug laws and legislation in this country. http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/HISTORY/drug_law_timeline.htm
- The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML): This site works to reform marijuana laws. http://www.norml.org/
- The Science of Medical Marijuana: This site provides scientific studies, reports, and opinions. http://www.medmjscience.org/
- BUPA: This site contains health information and fact
sheets, especially regarding teen use of legal and illegal drugs.
- Drugs and the Criminal Law: This site provides legal
advice and useful information pertaining to the use and conviction of
drug use. http://www.urban75.org/legal/drugs.html
- Should Drugs be Illegal? http://www.wclf.org.
- Euthanasia/ Assisted Suicide
- Voices for Dying:
of a nonprofit organization which supports and counsels people in
end-of-life decisions. See their “Education Resources” section which
includes background information on right-to-die issues, legal
developments, a newsletter, and information on advance directives.
- Compassion and Choices: This organization “provides
information, counseling and support to patients who are facing
prolonged and intractable suffering at the end-of-life. COMPASSION
offers information and emotional support for all end-of-life options,
including intensive pain management, comfort or hospice care, and
humane, effective aid-in-dying for those who are in the final stages of
illness and whose suffering has becomeintolerable.”
- Euthanasia World Dictionary: Includes a listing of right-to-die
societies throughout the U.S. and the world, a newsletter, a detailed
Q&A, and a glossary of “end-of-life” terms.
- Oregon’s Death with Dignity Annual Report: Follow the evolution and experiences of the death with dignity
movement in Oregon.
- International Anti-Euthanasia Task Force: Includes a euthanasia FAQ, an FAQ regarding advance directives,
several essays on artificial feeding, an essay on the words used in the assisted suicide debate, and more.
- Ohio’s Right to Life Euthanasia Page: Several essays on such
topics as “What’s Wrong with Making Assisted Suicide Legal,” “Targeting
the Vulnerable,” and “Eroding Patient’s Rights.” Also includes a
“Withholding Food and Fluids FAQ,” and a section on pain management
- Legislation/Death with Dignity Legislative Watch : Death with
Dignity National Center provides the text and a history of the law.
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules on Physician Assisted Suicide Cases: From the University of Buffalo’s Center for Clinical Ethics and
Humanities in Health Care, this site lists transcripts and summaries of
court cases regarding assisted suicide. Oregon and Washington State
initiatives and controversial laws included.
- Abortion/ Contraception (Morning After Pill)
- Abortion facts; this site contains links to organizations,
provides genereal information about abortion, statistics, memoirs and
- National Abortion Federation (NAF):
The National Abortion Federation (NAF) is the professional association of
abortion providers in the United
States and Canada. They believe that
women should be trusted to make
private medical decisions in consultation
with their health care providers.
NAF currently offers quality training
and services to abortion providers
and unbiased information and referral
services to women. http://www.prochoice.org/
Law Homepage: This page is constructed to help people understand
the background and state of abortion in America, and access related
legal material– especially that which is less available and less well
Right to Life: The ultimate goal of the National Right to Life
Committee is to restore legal protection to innocent human life. http://www.nrlc.org/
- Planned Parenthood: Planned Parenthood believes in the
fundamental right of each
individual, throughout the world, to manage his or her fertility,
regardless of the individual’s income, marital status, race, ethnicity,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, or residence.
- Pro Life America: This site provides the arguments for choosing
life over abortion, testimonies of women who’ve had abortions, images
of aborted fetuses and statistics all that support this
- Brainwashing/ Psychological Conditioning
- Rick A. Ross Institute: This website contains data on
mind-manipulation; controversial cult mentality, persuasion techniques
to the way in which the news brainwashes us. http://www.rickross.com/brainwashing.html
- The Skeptics dictionary: This site provides analysis of ways in
which brainwashing techniques have been the scapegoat for aspects of
our behavior and society. http://skepdic.com/mindcont.html
- Animal Training; This site discussing methods and theories
associated with training animals. This information can be used to
speculate the responses one might achieve with human subjects. http://www.wagntrain.com/OC/
- Hypnosis.Com; This website contains general data about the science of hypnosis. http://www.hypnosis.com/faq/
- Rotten. Com: This website takes a look at historical cases of mind control. http://www.rotten.com/library/conspiracy/mind-control/
- Data Filter: This site focuses on the political aspects of mind control. The political
aspect of mind control concerns its use in a “free” society: the
testing of the technology on nonconsensual subjects, its use in
political persuasion and in suppressing dissent, as well as how the very
existence of the technology is covered up and concealed. http://www.datafilter.com/mc/
- Educate Yourself: This website informs people of what makes them vulnerable to mind control. http://educate-yourself.org/mc/