Galileo school tours will take place every Friday from October 5 to November 30, 2012. Tours in December will be on December 7th and 14th. Janjuary tours will be on January 4th, 11th and 18th. Our tours begin at 9:00 am and end by 10:30 am. No appointments are required — just come to the Main Office at 9:00 am. Galileo is located at 1150 Francisco Street.
The SFUSD Enrollment Fair will be on Saturday, November 3, 2012, from 9:30 am to 2:30pm pm at the Concourse Exhibition Center, located at 620 7th Street.
The SFUSD Educational Placement Center web site has lots of information about the process of selecting a high school.
PROCEDURES FOR SHADOWING @ GALILEO ACADEMY
The shadowing program at Galileo Academy of Science & Technology was started as a pilot program for Galileo students who wanted their friends to shadow for a day with them in their classes.
As the program continued on a more permanent basis the shadowing program has become very popular among our students as well as students from other High and Middle schools.
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES FOR SHADOWING AT GALILEO:
1. Shadowing is permitted only on TUESDAYS (NO EXCEPTIONS).
2. Shadowing begins at 8:00am and ends at 3:05pm. (Shadowing students can leave earlier if their school requires them to return before the end of the school day.)
3. Shadowing is processed through the Deans Office ONLY (Room 262).
4. Visiting Non-Galileo students should find a Galileo student to shadow (if you do not know a Galileo student we will find someone for you).
5. Galileo students will pickup a Shadowing Permission Form from Ms. Robinson in the Deans Office.
6. The permission form is then filled out with the name of the Visiting student who wishes to shadow with the Galileo student.
7. The Galileo student then takes the permission form to ALL of his/her teachers for them to sign off and grand their permission for a Visiting student to be permitted in their classes for a day.
8. After the form has been signed by ALL the teachers, it is returned to Ms. Robinson along with a permission letter from the Visiting student’s parent (with a valid phone number).
9. The Galileo and Visiting students will report to the Deans Office on the day they are scheduled and given a Visitor Pass.
10. For more information, please call Ms. Robinson at 415 749-3430 x3263.