WELLNESS SUPPORT & EMPOWERMENT GROUPS
The Galileo Wellness Program partners with a number of different Community Based Organizations (CBOs) from all over San Francisco. These CBOs have a MOU with SFUSD and a Site Agreement to work at Galileo through Wellness.
Thanks to our Wellness Staff and CBO Partners we have over many Support & Empowerment Groups at Galileo in the 17-18 school year.
Wellness Group participants are referred by Galileo staff, teachers, parents/guardians, community partners, Wellness staff, and students themselves. Student participation in all groups is voluntary.
Please see below for details:
Groups for 17-18 School Year
- SKILL Group with Navy & Alina from HIFY: Thursdays afterschool
- Guy’s Group with Henry from CYC: Thursdays at lunch in Rm. 458
- Chinese Newcomer Club with Rain from CYC: Mondays at lunch in Rm. 359
- Girls Chinese Newcomer Group with Cathy from CYC: Fridays at lunch in the Group Room
- Young Men’s Health Group with Naomi from Wellness & Chad from LYRIC:
- QGroup for LGBTQQ students with Naomi from Wellness: Tuesdays in the Group Room
- Mo’Magic Girls Group
- Mo’Magic Guys Group
- Future Links Group with Steven & Dorothea from Hearing & Speech Center of Northern California: Every other Wednesday
- Girls Group with Donna from Horizons: Mondays in the Group Room
- Youth Outreach Workers with Naomi from Wellness: Wednesday afterschool
Have questions about Wellness support & empowerment Groups or want to join one?
Stop by the Galileo Wellness Center in Room 151 Monday-Friday during lunch or after school (drop-in hours) or contact Naomi at email@example.com or ext.3994.
The San Francisco Unified School District, (referred to as SFUSD), provides the information contained on this web site. SFUSD makes every effort to provide accurate data according to the resources available to us. While SFUSD believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility. Therefore, SFUSD does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information. SFUSD shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use or results obtained from the use of this information. SFUSD has made a reasonable effort to ensure that all information is accurate at the time of release. We would appreciate any errors, omissions, outdated materials, or other identified problems being brought to our attention. No guarantee is made, either express or implied.
SFUSD offers a range of information, including links to other organizations’ sites. The information is intended as a service to SFUSD site visitors and those interested in our organization. SFUSD has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Furthermore, with respect to the links to other organizations’ sites, neither SFUSD nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.