WELLNESS SUPPORT & EMPOWERMENT GROUPS
The Galileo Wellness Program partners with a number of different Community Based Organizations (CBOs) from all over San Francisco. These CBOs have a MOU with SFUSD and a Site Agreement to work at Galileo through Wellness.
Thanks to our Wellness Staff and CBO Partners we have over 10 Support & Empowerment Groups at Galileo in the 15-16 school year.
Wellness Group participants are referred by Galileo staff, teachers, parents/guardians, community partners, Wellness staff, and students themselves. Student participation in all groups is voluntary.
Please see below for details:
- Hanns Chiu: Monday at lunch in Rm 364
Young Men’s Life Skills Group- Community Youth Center (CYC)
- Henry Ha: Thurs. at lunch in the Wellness Group Room, Rm 451-A
H.O.M.E.Y. Joven Noble Young Men’s Group
- Rob Alfaro and Carlos Gutierrez: Friday at 3rd/4th period in the Wellness Group Room, Rm 451-A
Latina Newcomer Empowerment Group- Huckleberry Youth Programs
- Gabi Perez: Weds at lunch in the Wellness Group Room, Rm 451-A
Project Arrive Freshman Support Groups- Galileo Wellness and Counseling Staff
- Bai Zhen & Sarah Kwan – 1st period on Weds.
- Donald Harper & Danae Carvacho- 3rd period on Tues.
- Lauren Marshman & Vivian Hui – 5th period on Weds.
- Andrea Galdamez & Naomi Forsberg – 6th period on Thurs.
- Donna Saffioti-Johnson: Mon. at 3rd/4th period in the Wellness Group Room
Young Men’s Health Group – LYRIC and Wellness
- Naomi Forsberg and Gustavo Banuelos: Tues. at lunch in the Wellness Group Room
Youth Moving Forward – Bayview Hunters’ Point Foundation
- Zenaida Barr: Tues. at 5th/6th in the Wellness Group Room
QGroup- Support for LGBTQQ Students
- Naomi Forsberg and Aaron Hagaman: Mon. at 4th/5th in the Wellness Group Room
Have questions about Wellness support & empowerment Groups or want to join one?
Stop by the Galileo Wellness Center in Room 151 Monday-Friday during lunch or after school (drop-in hours) or contact Naomi at email@example.com or ext.3994.
The San Francisco Unified School District, (referred to as SFUSD), provides the information contained on this web site. SFUSD makes every effort to provide accurate data according to the resources available to us. While SFUSD believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility. Therefore, SFUSD does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information. SFUSD shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use or results obtained from the use of this information. SFUSD has made a reasonable effort to ensure that all information is accurate at the time of release. We would appreciate any errors, omissions, outdated materials, or other identified problems being brought to our attention. No guarantee is made, either express or implied.
SFUSD offers a range of information, including links to other organizations’ sites. The information is intended as a service to SFUSD site visitors and those interested in our organization. SFUSD has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Furthermore, with respect to the links to other organizations’ sites, neither SFUSD nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.